Today is my 40th bday!
wOw! Just saying it feels kinda strange.
I mean, you know when you’re like 15 and you think that anyone over 25 is O-L-D?
The thing is- I. Don’t. Feel. OLD.
But I can tell you, I have earned everyone of those years.
To me, growing old IS such a privilege.
I potentially get a whole new year, (nothing guaranteed of course), to keep writing my story.
My birthday, is the day I give time for reflection. A chance to see if I am going in the direction I envision for my life.
And this year I thought I’d share the Life Lessons I’ve accumulated so far, in these brutiful (brutal & beautiful) FOUR-TAY years!
- Attaching our self worth to roles, statuses & relationships will always leave you empty.
- When it hurts too much it’s usually because you’re holding on too tightly.
- Nothing is permanent – except death.
- You’re allowed to change your mind. Guilt free.
- Being hard on yourself serves no one.
- Whatever happens to you Belongs to you.
- You don’t need to have all the answers.
- .No is a sentence all by itself.
- Nothing is personal.
- We see the world through our own experiences. Whatever limits we see as well as what we believe we are worthy of having, will be.
I’m still working through many of these lessons. Unravelling the narratives that no longer serve for my highest self. Shedding the old.
All the knocks that life gave me, were in essence painful gifts. Pushing into them showed me what I am made of.
I promise myself that no matter how confused or hurt I feel, there is always a purpose.
And I’ll keep reminding myself that instead of calcifying – I need to just keep breaking open. Surrendering to what is meant for me. Trusting that even though I may not feel like I can get back up- I know that I have to.
Because of all the life lessons I’ve accumulated, I keep a #LifeWarrior’s heart on my sleeve- and she reminds me of how fucken resilient I truly am.
Darling 39, I’m blessing and releasing what is no longer serving me. Thank you.
Sweet 40 baby, I know what I’m made of. Let’s GO!