Lessons we’ve learned from INFIDELITY
1. You will heal. Don’t rush it. Seek professional help. Do the work necessary to help you heal.
2. You will come out stronger than you ever thought possible.
3. You must forgive yourself (whether it was you that was unfaithful or you were the one betrayed)
4. Choosing to forgive others, sets you free.
5. You are not a victim.
6.You will grow from this.
7. Surround yourself with those who hold space for you, in a non judgmental way.
8. You will learn so much from the pain yet remember this pain can be your catalyst for many beautiful life lessons. Go into it.
9. Shame is an emotion that serves no one. Neither does blame.
10. Accepting what is instead of fighting what could have been. It happened. Stop pain shopping (wanting to know all the details & connecting all the dots).
11. Healing is not linear. Allow all the feels.
12. People make mistakes. These mistakes are not our identity, nor are they our life sentence.
13. You can choose to stay. This doesn’t mean you are weak or have no self respect for yourself.
14. Don’t place people on pedastals. They only have one way to fall.
15. Your partner cannot be *everything* to you. “Love is messy, infidelity more so. But it is also a window, like none other, into the crevices of the human heart.” ~Esther Perel from the book The State Of Affairs
You can not only survive infidelity but also THRIVE in your marriage. We are living proof. Trust can be rebuilt. Honour & respect restored. Faith over fear, Always.
And know that no matter what, you are already #WorthyAF right now to have all you desire.
All things with love,